WELCOME TO OUR NEW SITE - DJ-Brisbane.com.au -
- Some pages are currently incomplete...
For Full Information - prices, packages, photos & videos -
see our main website - www.DjDangerfield.com.au
"Brisbane's Most Experienced DJs – 38 years’ experience – over 8,500 shows "
''You Just Can’t Beat that Sort of Experience'' – Client
- from Kids to Corporate - 20 to 5000 people
Tony Dangerfield - 0418 878 309
DJ ENTERTAINMENT – Full-Time Professionals
DJ Entertainment, Audio-Visual, PA, Video Services For:
- Primary & Secondary Dances - Uni Events - Kids Parties - 18/21st Birthdays - Weddings - 30/40/50/60th Bdays - Multi-Screen Video Discos - Intelligent Moving Lights & FX - Lasers
- Fetes - P&F Functions - Trivia Nights - Fund-raisers - Charity Fashion Parades - Balls - Corporate - SchoolGymDances - Music Dept & Choirs - Yr7 Graduations - Senior Formals - Primary/Middle/Senior School Dances
- MCs/Comperes - Hosts - Radio-Style Fete DJs - Headset Radio-Mics - Mixers - Small to Large & Stage PA systems - Audio-Visual - Video Projectors & Screens - Street Festivals/Showgrounds - Skype Links
Also Available – Mobile Staging, Sound Engineering, Music Production
Event Planning Consultants– Planning / Management / Marketing - ask for info re suitable Venues
- We work regularly at places like the Convention centre, Qld Cricketers’ Club, Queensland Club, Polo Club, Tattersall’s, Downtown Rugby Club and all of the Major Hotels, halls & venues - we are very experienced with all types of events and crowds of all ages – cocktail-style, traditional sit-down, party, whatever - whether a Gala Ball, Corporate Event, Wedding, School Gym Dance, 18th/21st Senior Formal, Decade Birthday Party, Staff Christmas Party or even a Barefoot Bowls Xmas BBQ.
- We have supported such diverse acts as Mental as Anything, Tania Kernigan & Powderfinger at corporate events, plus many more of the various local corporate acts.
- We also currently perform at the Major School & University Events – Terrace (2000 ppl), Brigidine, St Ritas & Lourdes Hill dances among many others (over 90 colleges in total). We are also very conscious of aspects like security, safety, crowd control, appropriate music content & crowd psychology. We have now spent more than $800,000 on gear – we’re heavily invested.
- We are one of only 3 or 4 truly Full-Time Professional DJ firms in Brisbane – it’s our livelihood, so we take entertaining very seriously!
- For Weddings, we can offer Elegant to Party-Style programmes – starting with Favourites, ‘Beer Garden’, Swing & Jazz or even String Quartet for pre-drinks, which we progressively brighten through to Party‘toe-tappers’ and then a main dance programme with a wide variety - including 70/80/90’s (all genres),right through to Current Top 40, Club & Dance, customised to the crowd – we discuss your requirements more fully when you book.
- We can also do a full-on 70’s, 80’s & 90’s theme night. We actually worked as nightclub DJs (as well as mobile) in the 80’s & 90’s and so know the era really well. (Please note the music “weblibry” brochure is an older version and we do indeed have all the most popular music, 60/70/80/90’s right up to all the current Top40.) We also do ‘Mainstream, Corporate/Jazz’ or Black Tie parties – you choose.
- There is acurrent trend for many DJ’s to act like human Jukeboxes, with no personality, typing all night on the show, not even making eye-contact with the audience. (Most are hobbyDJs or agencyDJs and can be quite cheap – when the professional range is $350- $500 for 4hrs) However, they often have very basic gear with no back-up, little or no lights, and run the risk of ruining your special event !!
- We are traditional-style DJs – hi-tech, but entertaining the crowd, programming the right song at the right time to suit the current mood and making sure everyone has a good time. We play a wide variety of music, announce, take requests and dance, to motivate the guests (all appropriately for the occasion – We also do a lot of professional year dinners)– we aim to include everyone to share your celebration.
4. Uni Origins
- I was actually a student at UQ for 8 years, so we know the music from the campus genre really well. I was doing DJ shows for the colleges all that time, particularly St.Leo’s, Duchesne, Kings & International House. I also knew the guys from the Riptides through mutual friends and saw bands such as the Saints and the Go-Betweens play at the Refec and 4ZZZ Joint Efforts many times. I also worked regularly as a night club DJ for Genesis on available Friday nights after lectures and later years at the Rec Club.
- Our DJ business really grew from there to include all ten UQ colleges’ events, the larger events - Toga parties, ICC balls, Med Balls, Cromwell Bunkers, Faculty Balls - Clubs & Soc’s, Academic Dinners at the Staff House, etc., plus many other campuses, “QIT” (as it was), ACU, Griffith, the Con of Music. We diversified into video production, event management and larger Production-type shows through this time to the 1990’s and today, including the larger School Gym dances like Terrace, Ashgrove, BBC, Lauries, Villanova, etc. – So you could say we are kind-of “Uni Specialists” as we have an intimate knowledge of the music from all this time – over 950 Uni gigs.
Youtube: Dangerfield DJs
BlueCard No. 873053/1